New Student Enrollment
WESTVIEW HIGH SCHOOL New Student Enrollment
Poway Unified offers both In-person Learning and Alternative Learning Pathways. All new students must first enroll in their school of residence. Families interested in an Alternative Learning Pathway will have the opportunity to submit their interest within the digital new student enrollment packet. Alternative Learning Pathway enrollment is dependent upon space availability per learning option.In-Person Learning
- New Directions - Independent Study (Grades 6-12)
- The independent study program gives students the opportunity to meet middle and high school requirements outside the regular classroom setting. Please visit the Alternative Learning Programs webpage for more information.
- Poway Virtual Courses (Grades 9-12)
- Virtual courses offered in a variety of subject areas as a complement to students’ in-person or independent study schedules. Please visit the Poway Virtual Courses webpage for more information and enrollment directions.
- Poway to Palomar Middle College (Grade 11)
- A new dual enrollment partnership with Palomar College offering a focus on academic opportunities by providing students with access to college courses, internships, independent learning and electives. Please visit the Middle College webpage for more information and eligibility requirements. (Website coming soon!)
Directions for the New Enrollment ProcessPackets are completed digitally using any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. (Please contact your assigned school of residence to schedule an appointment if you do not have access to a device/internet or need assistance with completing the online enrollment packet.)
STEP 1: Gather Documents Required for EnrollmentIn order for your enrollment packet to be reviewed, copies of specific documents must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet. If you need support with online enrollment contact your school site to make an appointment. Below are the items that you will need to supply in order for your child's enrollment packet to be accepted. If possible, documentation should be submitted in PDF format. If you do not have access to a scanner, there are multiple free phone apps that transform photos into PDF documents, including:
- Enrolling parent/guardian photo ID (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Age Verification Document (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Accepted documents include Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Two current forms of residency (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- TWO current, different verifications of the following documents are mandatory for residency verification. At the minimum, ONE form of residency verification must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet in order for your packet to be reviewed. Accepted documentation: Deed to home, Mortgage statement/escrow paper, property tax receipt, current utility bill, receipt for deposit with local utility company, military orders, rental agreement, rent receipt, bank statement, any other legal document that establishes home address within school boundaries.
- Immunization Records
- All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed/up to date before the start of school in grades TK – 12 unless exempted as provided by law. For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Departments/Health-Services or the California Department of Health website at www.shotsforschool.org or contact your local health department or county office of education.
- High School Transcripts
- Incoming 9th grade students need their most current report card
- All other students need a high school transcript with all completed high school courses *Please note, the Request to Transfer Records does NOT include a transcript or report card. A transcript is required for proper course placement.
STEP 2: Login and complete the Digital Enrollment Packet Online
STEP 3: Download and/or Print and Sign any Noted Required Forms Located at the Conclusion of the Packet.
Once parents/guardians have completed the online enrollment packet please download any required forms. Sites will direct you on how and when to submit the completed forms.
Caregiver FormsStudents may not enroll without a parent or guardian. If a guardian is being appointed, the following must be completed.
Westview Course Offerings and Course Selection Information.